Afraid to See

in , by Beautifies The Meek, 9:59 PM

 


I have been going to therapy and it has been eye-opening and challenging. In one of my sessions, I said that I was "afraid to see myself as the woman that God is calling me to be." This was brought up in the topic of my future and being able to dream. Since my therapist read the statement back to me "afraid to see" it has stuck with me. I have a hard time dreaming again and or seeing again. I admire people who can dream about their futures authentically and communicate those dreams to others. There is so much resistance when I try to see, that I just don't see or dream.


The fact that there is resistance tells me something. Someone or something does not want us to SEE. This reminds us that sight is an important element when living your life for Christ. We can look at Samson and how Delilah did him dirty by cutting his hair (Judges 16). The next thing they went for was his sight. His blindness made him even more vulnerable and almost guaranteed that he would not be able to defeat them. They were wrong. Sight can also be attacked from our perspective. The Israelites were promised land flowing with milk and honey. The problem is people have already occupied the land that was theirs. Some of The Israelites went to scout the land and only 2 came back with positive reports (Numbers 13:25-33). The rest allowed what they saw with their eyes to override what God said. Their perspective was warped by the fact that there were giants in the land and the odds of them being defeated were high. The truth was God, PROMISED they would inherit that land. The facts didn't matter. The truth still stands, God promised them that specific land.

(You know I love this. word study!)

SEE - Webster's Definition

to perceive or detect by the eye
to be aware of
imagine as a possibility
form a mental picture
to come to know
to understand

SEE - Hebrew definition - how it is used in the Bible

to have vision
to watch
give attention to
discern
to be visible, present oneself
take heed

I could list so many definitions of the word but I know you get the idea. Seeing is not just with our physical eyes but also with our minds and our hearts. Sometimes what you see physically will not match the visions living in your heart and mind. The visions God gave you in a dream or even daydreams are God's way of speaking to us and helping us see what is not seen at the moment. The enemy attacks our communication with God. He tries to distort how we perceive things so that we don't understand what God is saying. Then we turn around and say God doesn't speak to us (I used to do this a lot). I was not realizing that there was an attack on my sight and how I understood my surroundings. We should definitely pay attention to the areas the enemy attacks us with the most.

The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord made both of them. - proverbs 20:12

God made our ears and eyes (physically and spiritually) to operate in their intended functions. We were designed to SEE what God is doing in our lives and the lives of others. The enemy wants to disable that function so that we stay stagnant and never grow into who God is calling us to be. When we are struggling to SEE, the will of God will be hard to fulfill. In order to be obedient, our sight has to be adjusted and healed. We must yield our sight to God.

I am encouraged to ask more questions like, WHAT DO YOU SEE? WHAT DID GOD SHOW YOU? WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO NEXT? I don't know about you but I need more clarity and answers in this season of my life.


Let's Pray,

Heavenly Father I thank you for this revelation of sight and how important it is to our lives. I pray that whoever reads these words will grasp what you are saying to them at this moment. I pray you will open blind eyes to see you clearly and to see themselves clearly. Open our eyes to see your hand and heart working for us and not against us. We thank you for clarity and we receive the gift of renewed sight in the spirit and in the natural.

In Jesus' Name, we pray, AMEN. (IT IS SO, IT IS DONE.)



SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS