2023 Impressions

in , by Beautifies The Meek, 1:05 PM

Not too long ago after Church, I was alone at home and entirely overwhelmed by the presence of God. I thought about how we sometimes settle for just experiencing God at a Church service. How we sometimes do not desire to seek God further. It almost felt as though God was asking "Am I worth it to you, am I worth the search?" How far will we go in God until we decide it's not worth the effort?

High-value items typically take time and effort to attain. Most products of high value only advertise to certain kinds of people. When do we see commercials advertising a Ferrari on TV? Rarely if not ever! Ferrari knows its worth and understands that those who can and will are the ones who will find them. High-value items are sought after, they do not do the seeking. They don't advertise chasing our affection. They know they're of high value.

I'd like to think God knows his value. He knows he is of higher value and deserves to be sought after. 

This new year I have been pondering in my heart the importance of the presence of God. For me, this year's focus is on His PRESENCE. I just want to be in His presence. I am in an exciting season we will call Hiding. It's a season of hiding deeper into God. It's become my only safe space. The only space where I am allowed to take up space and ask questions and leave heard and completely loved.

We should never lose our wonder, our curiosity, or our sense of adventure. I am processing what Jesus was saying when he said in order to receive the Kingdom you have to be like a child. Children are full of wonder and curiosity. They enjoy the journey without overthinking and they move with such faith. I'm reclaiming my sense of wonder again.

The best way to receive the Kingdom like a child is to engage and interact with my inner child. She needs healing, reassurance, and so much love. Soul work or inner work is so hard but it's so necessary for what's ahead. There is a version of me that needs to show up, I would like to meet and get acquainted with her before everybody else does. This year will be pivotal. There are things in the future that are attached to the sacrifices I will make now. 

I pray we all do the soul work and stay planted in his presence. This year just feels like it will be a year where we will NEED the presence of God more than ever.



SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS