LIVING UNFILTERED!

by Beautifies The Meek, 6:45 AM

 


    There is this awesome movement that is brewing called Living Unfiltered. This ministry started from a social media challenge that happens every December. The idea is to challenge women to take off the filters we use on our pictures. At the same time, we were pushed to also consider any filters we may have put on other areas of our lives. It has blessed so many women so much so that God instructed the woman behind it Queen G, to plan a retreat. I thank God for her YES. Her YES gave the women a space to heal and draw near to the heart of God. It was incredible. I will never forget these moments.



    Living Unfiltered to me means first realizing that I have many filters that limit me in different ways. Then choosing to no longer subscribe to those filters and see my life the way God sees it. This can also apply to how I see myself. This experience was so affirming and edifying for me. It was like a launching pad for me in certain areas where I felt a bit stuck and bound by fear. I needed many reminders concerning my identity in Christ and what he wants me to do. One of them is this blog 🤪! I have moments where I am writing then I stop. I stop because I get nervous about writing.


  The issue is not writing in particular but it is WHAT I am writing about. I tend to put a filter on what I write about. I don't want no smoke from folks. You know those types of people who only focus on the wrong thing and miss the whole point. *major eye roll* So to avoid that I just don't write but that is not a fruitful solution. The solution is to do what God wants me to do no matter who agrees with it or not. Is it hard? Yes, very, but I am reminded that I can do hard things.

If you need community and sisterhood the Living Unfiltered group is open for anyone to join! We are all about what is on the heart and mind of God concerning his daughters. This group allows women to gather and unfilter together. God is in the midst of this process of unfiltering our perspectives on our identities and lives. It is messy work but it is WORTHY work! It can get so hard facing the parts of you that don't please God but it is necessary! I am being stretched and challenged so bad but I can't become who God designed me to be if I don't. I realized that I just need to agree with what God is doing and saying concerning my life.

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS