8 Lessons I Learned in 2022.

in , by Beautifies The Meek, 7:53 PM

This year is winding down and we are about to enter the new year. What better way to wind down 2022 than to reflect on lessons learned from this year. This year has been a decent year for me. There were many different shifts and changes but in its totality 2022 was a good year. It flew by so fast and I made amazing memories with some fantastic people. God has been so faithful in a plethora of ways and if I listed them all we would be here forever. We will just settle with the 8 valuable lessons learned.


1. 

DO SOMETHING.

You can desire a change in your life but if you don't do something different nothing will change. My therapist says to me all the time "Just do something!"

2.

 EVERYTHING I WANT IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FEAR.

This year I have pushed certain fears aside and I loved what I saw on the other side. Fears limit us from experiencing the things that God wants us to see and have. Fear isn't a factor much anymore but I am so glad I did the things anyway.

3. 

IT'S OKAY IF YOUR FRIENDSHIPS CHANGE.

I experienced this on different levels. I learned to accept where they are now and appreciate what was at the same time. I can remember the beauty and fun I experienced with someone and still accept that it will never be that way again. That's okay. Friendships shift and change because people change. I'm at peace and that's valuable to me.

4. 

THERAPY IS WORTHY WORK.

This year I started therapy. My therapist pushes me to see myself and the habits I constantly make excuses for. Everything my friends have been saying for years she is repeating and holds me accountable every week. Therapy was scary to start but exciting at the same time. I love it here.

5. 

PEOPLE PLEASING IS NOT LIVING.

Y'all I was a people pleaser. I cared more about people and their perspective of me than I cared for myself. Who cared what I thought about myself, what do you think?! That was my mindset. This year God has taken me through multiple situations that challenged my people-pleasing tendencies. People-pleasing does not provide a life well lived. I was living for people. Sometimes people's opinions mattered more than what God said. 2022 was the year of releasing the people pleasing. AMEN.

6. 

YOU WILL DISAPPOINT PEOPLE.

Listen. This one right here. Being a recovering people pleaser, I hated disappointing people. I disappointed some people this year. I disappointed some people that I love so much. I came to the realization that because I am imperfect I will disappoint people. I won't do everything people want me to do and that's okay. That does not make me a bad person. I just can't meet everyone's expectations of me. That's okay. People will be okay.

7. 

SETTING BOUNDARIES IS SHOWING LOVE TO MYSELF.

I am still working on this. I have learned and am learning the many ways in which I can love myself a little better. I can love myself a little deeper when I set boundaries. Boundaries are a reminder that I am of value. That my voice matters and my desires matter. It's not too much to ask for people to respect me. I'm not being too much if I respectfully express my boundaries. It's also not too much to remove myself from interactions that do not value me. Boundaries teach people how to treat you.

8. 

GOD CARES ABOUT HOW YOU SEE YOURSELF.

When you can't see what he sees, then you won't do what he is asking you to do. Most likely God will ask you to pursue the things that scare you the most. Even now God is presenting some things that are scary to me. These things require a different type of woman out of me. A woman that is clearly there because God is not foolish he knows what he is doing. I was challenged to SEE myself the way he sees me and it's been a journey. I am discovering myself in Him and it's been miraculous, messy, heavy yet light,  and sometimes a pure struggle. I am enjoying the journey.


There are so many lessons I can highlight but I will stop for now. I am curious...

WHAT LESSONS DID YOU LEARN IN 2022?

SHARE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS