Fall Kimono

in , by Beautifies The Meek, 8:22 PM

Hey! Fall is here and it is one of my favorite seasons! I hate the heat so this switch of seasons is what I need. One thing I love about this season is the cozy style and warm colors. I love this new addition to my closet, the colors are so pretty together and very Fall.




 I have been trying to spice up my closet just a little bit and Torrid is the best place to shop for plus sizes. So many options and styles to choose from, I am obsessed. I am also on this "self-love" journey where I am learning to love the body I am currently in. I am curvy and sometimes it gets discouraging especially in this modest church culture. Most of the clothes are made for slimmer body types. What would be modest on a slimmer woman would be considered inappropriate for me. No matter how many sizes I go up my hips and butt make an appearance. I like Kimonos like this because it hides a lot and I can pull off a straight cut in my dresses and skirts.

I have become a firm believer in the idea that if you can't love the body you are currently in, you won't love it when it changes. Body positivity is deeper than what is seen on the outside. you can add weight or lose weight all you want but if you haven't dealt with YOU, you may discover that those intense feelings will still be there. That low self-esteem mostly affects your inner man, your core. How you see yourself will directly affect how you move within your purpose. I am working simultaneously on the inside and outside but mostly the inside first. Finding joy in dressing these curves is all a part of the process for me.

Your process could look different and that's ok! We are learning to see ourselves the way God sees us. Fearfully and wonderfully made on purpose for a specific purpose.
*Psalm 139 is a great place to start! study each verse every day!*

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS