Thoughts: Resting in Who He is.

in , by Beautifies The Meek, 1:42 PM

Have you ever experienced a time where you heard more bad news than good news? Like, it feels as though death is looming over everything and snatching everything you love and hold dear. This time in self-isolation has me feeling like this at times. I try to avoid hearing any more bad news but it finds its way to me. Do you ever wonder where God is in the middle of what seems like pure darkness? Wondering if he cares or if he is even aware of where you are.


Sometimes I look up and say "I'm still here, please don't forget me."

I felt super overwhelmingly sad during my prayer time with God. I thought and prayed about all the people I know that have lost loved ones to COVID-19 and all those who have been diagnosed with COVID. My heart goes out to you. I read Psalm 34 and I recommend that psalm in times of grief and loss. It reminds me of where my focus should be in the middle of it all.

You may be wondering where God is located in your situation but that is not the focus. Where he is located is not important. But it is who he is. God is always where he needs to be because of his flawless character. It's hard to locate Him sometimes but in those dark moments where it feels as though he is distant and unaware. Remember who he is.

Psalm 34 declares that he is:
CONSISTENT, RELIABLE, PROTECTOR, SAVIOR, GOOD, FATHER, GENEROUS, KIND, PEACE, GREAT, SOVEREIGN, TEACHER, HOLY, RIGHTEOUS, etc.

Never forget that. The state of where you are will always change, but he never will. His character is one we can depend on and fully trust. Rest in who he is and not where we think he should be.

He is near to the brokenhearted and crushed in spirit (psalm 34:18).

He hears our cries in prayer and sees our tears (Psalm 34:15).

He hears and he responds accordingly. (Psalm 34:19).

Knowing his character, shouldn't just be head knowledge but this revelation fuels our response.

I will bless the Lord at all times
His praise will always be on my lips
I will boast in the lord
the humble will hear and be glad
Proclaim the Lord's greatness with me
let us exalt his name together.
- Psalm 34:1-3

It's no coincidence that this is placed first in the chapter. Our first response in every situation should be to bless the Lord and praise him with our mouths. With praise comes a deeper understanding of who he is in our darkest hour. This is hard. It sucks, but God is near. Cast every care, concern, anxiety on him. He really does care for you. Don't grieve without him, don't mourn without him. Take it to him he'll trade your heaviness for joy and peace.



SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS