Self Care Moment: Dinner For One

in , by Beautifies The Meek, 10:10 PM

Hey Beauties!
These past few months have been a rollercoaster ride of emotions and key events. From babyshower planning, Vacation Bible School planning, to the 100th COOLJC Convocation. Each event was back to back yall. Barely any breathing room but I thank God that August is here and I made it out!



This is the beginning of a new month and I am looking forward to what is ahead. I am the ultimate introvert. When I'm in large crowds I can't help but to switch into observation mode where I watch people and their interactions. There was a lot of that at the convocation last week and let me tell you I was drained. I love my friends and most people but man I needed a break from interaction. I decided to spend some quality time by myself while journaling my thoughts. I got dressed, went to a Japanese restaurant and I ate dinner alone. I thought I would be super uncomfortable but I wasn't. It was the most freeing thing I have done in a while. Most people wouldn't be caught dead eating dinner for one, but I needed it. You can call it a self care moment and I loved every minute of it.



I thoroughly enjoyed the solitude and the fact that I didn't have to entertain anyone else in conversation. I did have a check in with my mentor over the phone, but that is always a pleasure so I didn't mind that. Unless we are working on a difficult issue together then It's work. lol. I felt super charged afterwards and I felt like I could tackle all my goals I have for the rest of the year. If you are anything like me, then try dinner for one sometime. It could be awkward at first but you'll get used to it and you may want to do it regularly. I plan on doing this at least once a month. It doesn't have to be dinner it can be a quiet walk around the block. Whatever works best for you. To me, self care isn't selfish and some Christians bash the whole self care movement but we all practice some form of self care. Setting boundaries is a form of self care. Getting into a hobby is self care. Praying is self care. Reading God's word is self care. Worshipping God is self care. When you put God first, you will always be taken care of in the best way.



Anyway, I totally recommend quality time with yourself. However that happens, whatever that looks like is up to you! If you pactice self care what do you like to do? Comment below I'd love to hear  what you all do to keep your mind right!

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. I used to take myself to the movies but haven't done that in a while. I need to try dinner alone. I am an ambivert, however people mistake me for an extrovert because at work I can be super smiley and friendly & chatty but in all actuality it takes time for me to get comfortable in social situations and I want to retreat a lot. At work I set my own boundaries so it's a controlled environment. It is draining "peopling" for introverts, although we may enjoy it, I think we really do live our best life alone, regardless if you're married our have a chuld(ren), every day we need that quiet alone time. Great blog, keep em' coming

    ReplyDelete

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS