2017 Favorites: Beauty Edition

by Beautifies The Meek, 8:58 PM




1. FENTY
This is my favorite foundation because I finally have my shade! Also, it is affordable. There may have been brands that had my shade but they were a bit pricey this foundation isn't too pricey. I love the lightweight formula and how it resembles my skin. The lip gloss is also a favorite but I do have to admit that this lip gloss makes my lips crack or peel. Not too much but I can feel the difference when I use it. I don't use it often but I love how it makes my lips look. I don't care I love it. lol.




2. Juvia's Place
As you can see this is my only and favorite palate. I love neutral colors so this palate spoke to me and it said: "you know need me, so buy me now." I listened and I don't listen often. I don't care for bold colors so I loved the warm shades of gold, copper, and brown. These look so well on my dark complexion.


Mauve Over ⧭ Mented #5 ⧭ Send Nudes ⧭ Brand Nude

3. MENTED
You already know how much I am in love with these things. Their lipsticks and glosses are amazing! They don't last all day long but they are still wonderful. They fulfill a black girl's dream of rocking a fabulous nude lip. The shade Brand Nude is a bit bright for me so I use it when I put on a darker lip color. Other than that no complaints! Definitely a favorite of 2017!



4. Elf and Real Techniques Brushes
I am such a stingy girl when it comes to brushes. I don't go the extra mile with my makeup I like a natural glam so I don't need too much. These inexpensive brushes do the job well. They blend well and doesn't suck up all the product. Elf brushes range from $1.00 - $6.00 and that is amazing to me.  Real Techniques is ok in terms of the price I bought this orange brush for around $6.00. It was money well spent! I love my techniques brush so worth it and possibly my favorite brush out of the bunch.



5. Concealer, Elf eyebrow gel, and NYX lip liner
I am all about saving money and finding drugstore options that work for me! L.A. Girl Pro Concealer is amazing it brightens my face and gives me a beautiful glow. I used to think it was too light but as I use it I realize that this shade is perfect for me. blends well with my foundation and doesn't leave me feeling cakey. I just recently got into actually putting the effort in my eyebrows and this Elf eyebrow gel is perfect. A little goes a long way. NYX lip pencil in Club Hopper is everything I have always been searching for in a lip pencil. I would always end up getting shades that were way to light for me. When I found this I was excited to give it a try and now it's a part of my everyday lip combos.


6. NYX SHINE KILLER
Man honestly this one right here is pricey. I actually waited until I got a coupon in order to actually buy it. I never used a primer until now and I am in love. My forehead gets too oily and this keeps everything looking matte and flawless. Definitely a favorite of mines and a product I will be buying again, on sale of course.


7. WITCH HAZEL
I would see this around and people swear by it! I was hesitant to buy it because I was just tired of buying products that didn't work for me in the end. I am proud to announce it is working and my skin is looking better! I use this every day as my toner when I wash my face in the morning. Had to add this to my favorites list!


8. BOLDEN
Some advertisements on Instagram are actually worth looking into. This face cleanser and toner are doing great things with my skin. I feel like my skin loves these products and I feel so fresh and clean when I wash my face. There is a fragrance to the cleanser but it doesn't seem to bother me. I also really love that this company was started and is run by 2 African women! I love seeing women start and do amazing things!


9. Bolden Shea Oil
My skin is super dry and this oil moisturizes my skin well. I love the smell and actually, this is a popular one that seems to sell out quickly. I do wish that the bottle was bigger. It's small for my liking but it lasts a long time. This is very pricey to me for the size but I gave it a try and I love it! Smells amazing and does the job.


10. Mario Badescu & Ultra Repair Cream
Rose water has been something that I have wanted to try for a while now. I researched a lot and I would see this brand among others. I like the spray and how inexpensive it is. only $8 and lasts for such a long time. The cream is used as a moisturizer and to be honest, at first I was not feeling this product. I usually buy Clinique's Moisture Bomb but I just wasn't into the price so I settled for this one. This cream works ok and sometimes it burns especially when I use my Clarisonic. I continued to use it and I am not mad at it anymore. I do feel like if I don't use enough my face becomes dry during the day. It's a favorite because the smell is great and the consistency of the product is what I look for in a moisturizer.


11. SIMPLE WIPES
My aunt gave me her wipes and I became so in love with them. They take off makeup with ease and they don't burn your eyes! I like how simple and gentle this brand is. These wipes are my ultimate favorite.


12. NIVEA
So remember when I told you I had terribly dry skin well lotion has been a struggle for me to find. I could never find one that really brought the moisture back to my skin. Both the body wash and the lotion are life savers for my skin. I don't use any other body lotion other than this one. My skin drinks up any moisture it can get so I need an intense lotion. My ultimate favorite and I probably will never get another kind.



13. Cup O'Coffee
Lush is my absolute favorite place to get face masks and scrubs. This coffee scrub is wonderful and I love the smell. I don't use it as a body mask but I love it on my exfoliating days. This leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed.


14. Organix Biotin and Collagen
So recently I finally got a silk press done and the hair stylist was amazed at how my good my hair looked. I have always used this brand since I started on my natural hair journey. Both the shampoo and conditioner have been my go to. My hair is so healthy and its growing so much. I switch shampoos and conditioners a lot but this I just may keep around.

What are your favorite beauty products in 2017?
I have many but this post is long enough. lol.
Enjoy the Christmas and New Year season!

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS