Where My People at?

in , by Beautifies The Meek, 8:03 PM

Many emotions are felt at this moment. Feelings of fear, anxiety, uncertainty, and a plethora of other emotions. It just feels like we are all in a very scary movie. We're all waiting for the director to say CUT! THAT WAS GOOD! and we move on to some normalcy. Unfortunately, this crazy movie is our reality. God is not saying CUT, in fact, he is saying something else. When we wrap our selves in fear and anxiety we miss his still small voice in the chaos. We miss what he desires of us right now. I suggest that God has been talking, he has been knocking, he has been asking, and he has been seeking for his church to really listen and then go do the thing. Whatever that thing is for you.



I must be honest and say that I am bottling up my anxiety every day. I wake up with uncertainty and anxiety in my face. I try to ignore but the bigger it gets the more I feel trapped. The more meetings I have to attend via ZOOM and the more Gchats I have to check for updates, the more I feel anxiety's grip on my mind.

Trying not to go crazy here.

Trying to stop the negative flow of thoughts.

I'm trying...

The problem is I am doing more trying than allowing God to be my peace. THAT PART.

I started seeing this scripture everywhere. like EV-ER-Y- WH-E-R-EEEE.

“13. When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 
14. if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 
15. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 
16. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." 
- 2 Chronicles 7:13-16

I have read this before but seeing it at this time, man it hit different. Possibly because what has been happening and what is happening is all in this scripture. I can't help but to think that God is speaking this very scripture to his people. This is his cry for people to repent. Not just ANY people but his own people. The ones who call him Master, Saviour. The ones who pray every day for rain and relief. The ones he knows by name and they know him by name. Those people.

It's as if he has been asking "where are my lights?"

It's as if he said, "it's time to shake things up."

All that is happening is very scary but when you really know the one who orchestrated the storm, you know that there is purpose to this. He is calling his people to repent and pray. There is a world that needs Jesus and we have been essentially wasting time worrying about ourselves. This outbreak literally unveiled the posture of our hearts as a human race. heartbreaking how selfish and arrogant we are. The beautiful thing is that Jesus specializes in heart transformations. So there is always hope.

Let's not miss his voice worrying about tomorrow. God is faithful to do his part when we do our part!

HE SAID: If my people (you and me) who are called by my name (JESUS) will
1. Humble themselves (This is your part)
2. pray (This is your part)
3. seek my face (This is your part)
4. turn from their wicked ways (REPENT, still your part)
(When you do your part)

THEN HE WILL: hear from Heaven
1. He will forgive our sin (His part)
2. He will heal the land (His part)
His eyes will be open and his ears attentive to the prayers. (That means he will not only just hear our prayers but he is now listening with the intent to do something about what is troubling our hearts.) He has chosen and consecrated this temple (our homes, bodies, churches) so that his name (JESUS) may be there forever. (PHEW! That's favor! And this is all his part!)

His eyes and his heart will always be there. 💖

How special is that? When you have the Name, eyes, ears, and heart of the creator of the universe, you have everything you will ever need in this life and the next. What a privilege it is to have this much access to such a big GOD. We call this KINGDOM CLOUT my friends. He wants us to use our connection to him to change the world. But if we never connect, his kingdom work won't get done! The people who don't know won't know!

Suit up church, we got work to do. We got giants to slay. We got connections to make. 

We got work to do. So let's work! Use this quarantine to connect with God in a way that you have never done before. Then watch him do things you have never seen before. There is land that needs healing, there is hope in the midst and glory after all of this.

Stay safe and stay connected.


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS