Journey To Loving Me

by Beautifies The Meek, 6:30 PM


I am embarking on a journey that is long over due. I have realized this is the time to love myself and to see myself the way God sees me. Low self esteem can affect your ministry and affect what you do in your everyday life. I have always struggled with low self esteem and loving myself ever since I was a child. As a young adult it is the most difficult thing to shake off, even though I am saved I am still carrying this load. I have progressed ever since then I no longer hate myself I just don't like myself and sometimes I can’t stand myself. I mean; we all have habits that we don't like but the things that I don't like about myself are the ones I can’t change.
If I ever did
I wouldn't be authentic
I wouldn't be me.

I know I am not the only woman out here with insecurities and low self esteem. There are so many that wake up every morning and wish they hadn’t. Many who don't like what they see in the mirror, which could drive them to self-harm.
Cutting
Suicide attempts
Hateful thoughts towards oneself/others
Anorexia
Eating disorders

There are many more that I may not have mentioned but whatever your vice is, whatever you find solace in, and or whatever brings you some type of escape…There is someone GREATER than these and he is GREATER than your insecurities and your fears.

Poetry was my escape

Although I did try most of the things listed above none of them did it for me. Granted they did provide a mini escape from my thoughts and the voices in my head but the feeling never lasted.

Jesus. That is something that lasts and not only is he our escape but he is our destination. He is where we want to be. If you are struggling with self-image or self-loathing I hope and pray that by sharing my journey and being transparent will help you to start your own.

No journey is ever easy. Especially when it is dealing with the ugly parts of you that you don't want to face. This journey is not fun but it is necessary.

Keep me in prayer as I pray for you as well.
Blessings,

~ Zainab ~
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS