Summer Essentials...

by Beautifies The Meek, 9:12 PM

Hey, Beauties! It is summer!! well, it's been summer for a while now but it is really hitting me that it is July! Summer is seriously almost over! I don't know why Winter feels so long and summer seems so short. Maybe because it is, I don't know but I need to do more fun things this summer! Soon the leaves will fall from the trees and there will be cold fluffy white stuff on the ground. Can't let this summer slip by me. NO BUENO. So this post is on some summer essentials that I feel every girl must own. Let's get started!

1. Neutral Nail Polish


My friends and I always seem to find it hard to get neutral colors, especially in nail salons. Getting our nails done can be a tough situation since we don't do the bright purples and pinks. Finding the closest shade to either our natural nail color or a very toned down neutral can be nearly impossible. Although, this summer I have found so many cute ones that I can wear. L.A. Colors have great neutrals and most were $1.00 - $2.00. YAS! These are great for summer!

2. Skin Care Routine


Make sure you have a simple (no pun inteded) skin care routine for the summer. Taking care of your skin is so important even in the summer. I really like this brand, I don't feel like it has harmful chemicals in it which is nice. I love how gentle the cleanser and the moisturizer is! Although I wouldn't buy the brush pictured here. It's called Bella Beauty; only reason why I would never but this again is that it does not last very long. I have issues with it right now and I can't afford the $60 ones yet. This one was $18 and it's not working very well. It did come with other attatchments but they don't last long either. I did look into buying more attatchments but the set of attatchments costed $15 on Amazon. NO way! So I love the option of the cleansing brush, hopefully I will get one in the near future.

3. Nair


I LOVE this stuff! I pull this out every spring and summer! During the winter I wear dark tights so I don't shave at all but when Summer rolls around I whip this stuff out and it makes me hair free and smooth. I am not sure if it lasts longer than actually shaving with a razor. All I know is that this works for me and I'd rather do this than use a razor. This stuff will have you ready for those pretty knee length skirts (that I wear year round. lol) and skippies.

4. Good Moisturizer


This right here is my all time favorite moisturizing product! This stuff makes my twist outs look healthy and defined. I have also seen some of my friends do a wash and go with this and I must say I am so impressed! Summer time the hair comes out of the protective styles and the curls come out to play! All summer I have been doing twist outs which is the only thing I know how to do on my hair! This product is the only one that has given me great results. It is a bit pricey (to me) but it is worth it, and the product itself lasts a while. Great go to for those Summer wash and gos and twist outs!

5. Good Book


I have been into reading lately which is good! I am currently reading and loving another book called Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy but This one is light hearted and a fun summer read. I totally recommend this book to every young adult and maybe teens I have to finish the book. It talks about relationships with the opposite sex and shares different stories of what women went through and what they have learned. Finding a great summer book and reading it in the park or by the water is a great way to spend the summer days.

These are just my summer essentials but what are yours? Please share!
And remember enjoy your summer, don't let it pass you by. Enjoy every moment with family and friends, create memories that will last a lifetime!
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS