by Beautifies The Meek, 6:54 PM

Hey Beauties! There are just a few things that I just can't see myself living without! These pieces are staples in any girls closet but these are really essential to the Apostolic woman! When I first started my journey as an Apostolic I lived off of the basics. Then as I grew accustomed to the standard and I learned how to dress my body I began to build my wardrobe and my style. I am sure as you read this post you will find that you have these pieces and if you don't, you should invest in some!
Let's begin...

1. Solid Colored Skirts

I can't even begin to express how I love solid color skirts. You can wear them with anything especially when you're in a hurry and you have to find something to throw on. I have so many skirts with prints on them and I find them difficult to style. Solids can be worn with a printed top or cardigan and they are just a must have! I actually need more of these but I always run into fun and beautiful printed skirts or dresses. I don't always turn down a good-looking skirt!

2. Cardigans

Cardigans are key pieces to any closet, they bring flare and style to a simple outfit. I collect cardigans. I am not an addict I just collect them, someone has to right? I recently purchased maybe 5 new cardigans but I have a great excuse to why I did that. I did not have any solid colors, ya'll know I love  fun prints so that's basically what I had and I also have like 5 black cardigans. Don't judge me. Cardigans are my favorite and I will continue collecting until I see Jesus.

3. Blazers

These structured sophisticated pieces really dress up an outfit. whenever it is a Sunday morning or an evening service I find a nice casual or simple dress and throw on a blazer and voila! I look like I planned it all along. lol. I also collect blazers I actually need to find a white blazer for the regional conference next weekend. There is nothing more to say about how essential blazers are to an Apostolic girl's closet.

4. Tights

These are standard at my church especially if you are in public ministry. Stockings are modest and they can be tedious to wear all the time but I do feel naked without them on. Stockings that match my skin tone are my favorite and I usually get mine at Burlington Coat Factory in the color coffee. I actually have to get some for Sunday. Tights also keep me warm during the cooler months. They serve a dual purpose, keeps you warm and stylish at the same time.

5. Heels and Flats

Shoes can really change the tone of your look. If you were going for a dressy look you wouldn't wear skippies! Heels bring elegance to an outfit, when you throw on a pair of heels it dresses things up. Being that I am in public ministry I have to wear heels whenever I am in front of the church. I would prefer a pair of flats or sneakers any day of the week. 

6. Camisoles

These are so essential to staying modest while wearing certain blouses or shirts. Camisoles also add some color and lovely design to dresses. I don't collect these but I should. I am happy with the ones I have and sometimes I will wear a camisole to be modest and for some reason they just don't cover much. I use a trick a great friend showed me when I first got saved and she advised me to wear the camisole backwards. The back of the Camisole is much higher than the front. This trick has saved me so many times and have made me feel more comfortable wearing them underneath my clothes.

7. Long Sleeve and Quarter Sleeve

After I became Apostolic I found new ways to wear long sleeve shirts and I have learned to love them. Wearing them under spaghetti strap dresses or shirts bring a modest perspective to your look. They also can make casual look so effortless and comfortable. Probably my favorite thing about these types of shirts is that a cardigan isn't needed since things are covered!

8. Dresses

I do have to say that I love dresses more than skirts. They are easier to style and can be so convenient especially when in a hurry. I am always in a hurry so dresses are essential to my life. The more dresses I own the better but I find it hard to find the right dresses for me. They either are too short, too small in certain areas, and larger in other areas. Shopping for dresses can be hard so when I surprisingly find the perfect dress it makes my whole week. Thrift stores have been a great place for me to find beautiful dresses. Although I have to tailor them most of the time, the important thing is the dress is modest.

9. Hats

Within the Apostolic faith there are different organizations that have different standards. COOLJC believes that a hat or fascinator is the covering for the woman. So we wear hats whenever we are at church or in prayer at home to reverence the presence of God. Everyone's standards are different so this may not apply to you but hats are not a bad thing to own! I have plenty and I am still building the collection. My sister makes head coverings and she is amazing. Hats are just fun and kicks the outfit up just a few notches. I do plan on someday owning a snapback like the one in the photo. I just love them.

I hope you enjoyed this post thanks so much for supporting BTM!
What pieces do you feel every Apostolic girl should own?
Leave comments below!

SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. A slip...a few lol change your life entirely lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!!! I actually posted something about slips. girl them things will save your life. lol

      Delete

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS