Learning to Love Me!

by Beautifies The Meek, 9:49 PM



Cardigan; SAVERS/ Shirt; TARGET/ Belt; SAVERS/ Skirt; DOTS/ Flats; TARGET

I am in this season where I am facing the things I have been running from for a long long time. Even though I am baptized in Jesus' name and filled with his precious Holy Ghost I am STILL insecure and I still don't fully love myself. This love is not a cocky or conceited thing but it is seeing the value in myself. It's real difficult to love your neighbor when you don't love yourself.
…though shalt love thy neighbor as thyself… Mark 12:31
This is a commandment that God expects us to follow and it's safe to say I have not been doing a good job of this.

I have always known that I did not love myself I just wasn't ready to face the music and deal with it. Now I am.
I am getting my life y'all and if you're interested in the journey let me know! I would love to share the books I am reading to help with my journey! I am learning that beauty is not just about the clothes you wear and your style but its the heart and who you are as a person. You can have a beautiful outfit but if your heart is ugly then that's all that people are going to see. Most importantly your heart is all God sees.
But the Lord said unto Samuel, look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. - 1 Samuel 16:7

Take inventory, what does your heart look like? What does God see when he looks into your heart? Is it pleasing to him or the total opposite?
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. good post!!! Annnnnd you look super cute!! I would love to hear more about your journey? How long have you been in church and how did you get in?!

    ReplyDelete

© Beautifies The Meek · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS